How do I apply for a concealed weapons (pistol) permit?
Download the Resident Pistol License form, fill it out and bring (or mail) it to our office. A background check will be performed and if it comes back acceptable as per NH RSA 159, a pistol permit will be issued. The fee is $10 for four years and it expires on the applicant’s birth date.
Grounds for denial, revocation or suspension are as follows:
1. A prior denial in this or any other State that was lawful and would present a concern for the safety of the citizens of our community or applicant.
2. The applicant was convicted of a felony, in this or any state, which has not been annulled.
3. A history of significant unlawful abuse and/or addiction to any controlled substance.
4. Have been adjudicated as a mental defective by a court or committed by a court to any mental institution.
5. Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor of domestic violence.
6. Intimidation, improper display or use of a firearm.
7. Evidence suggesting a significant abuse of alcoholic beverages..
8. Statements suggesting suicidal tendencies, irrational behavior, or other mental illness.
I am going away and want the police to watch my house. What do I need to do?
Download and fill out the Vacant Property Check Report then either bring or mail it to our office. Please let us know when you return as well.
Someone gave me a check that bounced. What do I do now?
Check the Bad Check Policy and if your situation meets that criteria, then bring the check and the 14 day letter to the station for prosecution.
I was the victim of (or witness to) a crime. What do I do if I have to go to court?