Burn permits are required.
For a Burn Permit Contact:
- Forest Fire Warden - Tim Pelkey: (603) 726-0944
- John Stephens: (603) 357-2659
- Barry Kellom: (603) 762-1582
- Robert Dingman: (603) 762-2162
- Bruce Lawrence: (603) 381-7816
- Todd Kilanski: (603) 903-9737
Seasonal Burn Permits Only Can Be Obtained Online
The online seasonal burn permits are available for your convenience, there is a $3.00 fee which is used to maintain the online program. Click here to obtain your online seasonal burn permit for $3.00.
The New Hampshire Forests and Lands Division is pleased to offer citizens the option to purchase open burning permits online!
- Through our easy online process you will be able to purchase an open burning permit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, providing permits are being issued at the time.
The online service is easy and payment by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) is quick and secure. You will be able to print your permit at the end of the online process. The small processing fee is non-refundable, even in the event of weather condition changes deeming the permit invalid.
- Although online burn permits can be purchased at any time, open burning can only be conducted after 5:00pm and before 9:00am. The only exception to the allowable burning times occurs if you have purchased a permit and there is a steady rain, or the ground is completely covered with snow.
- Depending on what town you are burning in, there are some variances to these times. Please read the minimum requirements on your permit carefully and make sure you have selected the proper location before starting your fire. Permits purchased for the wrong location are considered invalid.